Idia Renaissance lobbied for the enactment of the Edo State Law againstHuman Trafficking and Prostitution bill which was signed into Law on 11th September, 2000 It is contained in the Criminal Code (Amendment) Law 2000Cap 48, Laws of Bendel State.
Idia Renaisaance was present at the Reading of the Child Rights Bill, along with sister NGOs at the State House of Assembly.
Idia Renaissance is presently a member of the Edo State Taskforce against Human Trafficking (ETAHT).Objectives:
Our activities are geared towards our set objectives as an Organization. The Programme areas are:
• Enlightenment campaign and Mobilization network
• Women empowerment geared towards addressing gender inequality
• Youth empowerment and skill development
• Educational Scholarships
• Focus group Research
• Community development and stakeholders consultation
• Maternal and Child health
• Assisted Voluntary Returns
• Victim assistance and Sheltering